1. Why would I want to join the VIA? Companies join us for various reasons. We are the local resource to help our members connect leverage and grow. What we call the VIA Advantage involves the THREE PILLARS.
2. What are the THREE PILLARS? They are Tools for Best Practices, Member-Focused Education and Connections for Growth.
3. What Tools do you offer for Best Practices? We offer our members a Benchmarking Program, Survey Data, Hotline Support, Health Plan Options, Partnership Discounts and More!
4. What types of Member-Focused Education & Training programs do you offer your membership? In addition to regular operations-related training, we have Leadership training, Peer Groups and Excellence Forums. Some example are: Leadership & Supervisor Training, Peer groups like; Human Resources, Industrial Executive, Financial Leaders, Women in Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales! We also do regular Excellence Forums in Safety, Workforce Development, Social Responsibility, Innovation and Culture. Check out our Calendarfor upcoming seminars and events. 5. What would you consider "Connections for Growth"? We would call that anytime that we can help you connect to someone that helps you with your goals.For example, maybe your goal is attracting new employees to your business? IF so we work with local schools to help companies show off their business with MFG DAY tours. We also build in networking to almost everything we do. For our Industrial Executives and Industrial Financial Leaders we also have a special opportunity called the Executive Forum where our member leaders can get together for specific programming tailored to their needs. Our large annual Core events like our Golf Outing, Economic Forecast, Annual Meeting and Spark Awards are always well attended. We also have a Manufacturing Tour or Member Breakfast every other month. These are just some ways our group gets together to connect and grow. 6. Do you have opportunities to market my business to your members?Yes we do! Every year we come out with a list of Annual Sponsorship opportunities, along with single session sponsorship's, for more information contact Trish. Coming Soon 2021 ANNUAL Sponsorship packages. 7. How long has the VIA been in existence? The Valley Industrial Association was established in 1902 to give area manufacturers and the businesses that serve them a place to connect for professional growth, shared information and common resources that can help operations and support causes important to their industry.
8. How many members are in the VIA? The VIA serves more than 200 member companies in the Chicago-land area. The VIA was founded by 16 companies, of which 4 are current members today.
9. Where is the VIA's service area? The VIA traditionally served the Fox Valley region (Kane, Kendall, DuPage, Will and McHenry counties). But we have members throughout the greater Chicago-land area. Our rule is: If we can bring value to your company, then you are within our service area and we are happy to have you!
10. How do I join the VIA? Complete our easy online application then receive approval by our Board of Directors.